Happy November, friends! Life has been so busy this past month that it feels like October flew by. I’m in a time of huge, crazy changes – scary but mostly awesome!
This is my last month of trail rides for the season, but since the weather has been SO COLD I think I’m very ready for the break. I just got a text that they don’t need me tomorrow and I’m not sure if I’ll be up for working the weekend after that, so I may only have 2 or 3 days left! Eep!
Side note – Ever since the WordPress update it has been smooshing my paragraphs together. Anyone have a workaround for that? I threw a few *’s in to ensure line breaks, but I hate how that looks. Help!
Here’s what I’ve been enjoying lately!
1. I wasn’t planning to buy any of Target’s Halloween birds this year…
…but then I spotted this one-eyed guy.
Could not resist! The missing eye just makes him inexplicably charming to me.
2. This song is fairly old, but it’s been my jam lately. Perfect for a kitchen dance party when you need to feel better.
3. I first tried CBD oil a couple years ago and had great results. The brand I was using became unavailable near me, and none I’ve tried since have worked quite as well. I was looking up companies that offer sample sizes, since I’d rather not spend $30+ on a bottle I’m not sure I’ll like. I came across Erth Hemp on Google and wound up ordering two sample bottles from them. They offer a cool feature where you can fill out a survey in exchange for a code that makes a sample size free. You can choose drops, drops for pets, or soft gels. You do have to pay for shipping, which is like $3, but totally worth it if you’ve been wanting to try CBD without dropping a ton of $! (This isn’t sponsored, btw. Just wanted to share!) You can access the survey that gets you the free sample code here.
4. I am pretty sure that I posted back in August when my Bear cat had to go to the emergency vet? Well, he was sick last weekend and it was SO SCARY. He didn’t want to eat on Thursday or Friday, so I had to syringe feed him on Saturday & Sunday while stress-texting my vet friend. We made plans for me to bring him in first thing on Monday morning, but he woke me up at midnight the night before asking for food. THANK GOODNESS. He proceeded to eat five meals on Monday. I guess it was just a random bug or something? But oh man am I thankful that we didn’t have another vet bill when I’m still paying for the last one, and especially thankful that he’s okay!
5. Speaking of fun medical things, I learned something this week that I wanted to share since it might be helpful for one of you guys! As I mentioned, I’m getting some major dental work done on Monday. I thought I knew what I was going to do because I was on a serious budget. I was financing part of it through Care Credit, who had approved me for a $1,500 loan. However, while discussing my options with the manager of the dental clinic, he was able to pull up my account and request a credit limit increase, and they upped it to $7,000! I’m not using all of that, but y’all… if you need something medical done and can only get approved for part of the financing you need, this is worth trying. I never would have guessed that they would be able to get my limit raised that much! It’s going to make a massive difference in the quality of dental work I’m getting. (Although I’m going to be paying it off for YEARS, I think it will be worth it. EEP.)
I have the “Wisdom of the Oracle” deck by Colette Baron-Reid and this is one of my favorite cards, and it sums up how my life feels right now 100000%.
“It is human nature to yearn for certainty and resist change – to want the world to remain consistent like a zebra’s stripes. Yet nothing in human experience is black and white, nor will anything remain static. The one thing guaranteed is change. Now is a time of transformation as outer conditions are temporarily moving out of sync with your desires and expectations. Stay the course and remember that even storms serve to clear the air, scatter the seeds, and nourish the soil for better things ahead. Life is about to get interesting. Anticipate it with curiosity as you wonder what is coming in on the shifting winds. The unknown is where the magic lies.”
Did you know I’m on Poshmark? I have quite a few new items with tags, and I’m planning to add more soon!