Happy Friday, friends! This is the first time I’ve actually managed to get a Favorites post up ON Friday in like a month! Go me!
Here’s what I’ve been loving lately!
1. First things first, I found the best Halloween decoration at the thrift store:
I could leave this up year-round, TBH. My cats will cuddle all intruders.
2. This is a $2 gift bag from the Halloween section of Target:
Is it weird that I want to buy one and frame it as wall art?
3. Season 3 of Serial is out, and I’ve been enjoying it so far. Season 1 (about Adnan) was SO GOOD, then Season 2 was a big let down, but 3 is pretty solid. None of season 1’s “OMG! GASP! No way!” moments yet, but interesting and well put together.
4. Polka Dot has become my go-to trail guide horse, and he’s finally starting to relax and trust me. The above photo is from a ride this week where we were hit with a pretty steady rain about half an hour into a 2 hour ride. The actual rain wasn’t bad, but riding in wet jeans in like 50* weather wasn’t the most fun ever!
After a lot of trial and error, I’ve finally found a saddle and bridle that are super comfy for both me and Polka Dot, which is a big deal. On days like Tuesday where I spent a total of 5 hours in the saddle, a comfortable one makes all the difference!
One amusing story from my Polka Dot adventures: I usually bring up the rear on rides to keep an eye on the guests and make sure nobody falls behind. On one ride, we had paused by a water trough so the horses could drink, and the girl who was riding just in front of me could NOT get her horse to move when we were ready to start again. I can usually kind of nudge a “stuck” horse forward by bringing my horse right up behind them, but that wasn’t working. I jokingly told Polka Dot “Bite her (the horse, not the rider) in the butt!”, and then almost fell off laughing when he reached forward and tried to nip her! I’m a horse whisperer, y’all. (I also got a sheep to baaaaa back at me this week, but that’s a whole other story.)
5. This song reminds me of how much I love the energy of a big city. I need a dose of that soon!
Have a fantastic weekend! I’m working both days, but that’s just how I roll lately.