Happy Friday, friends! It’s been such a busy week here! I missed posting last Friday because I had a job interview. After an 8 year break from the hospitality industry, I’m working front desk part time again! I’m still writing, but the rollercoaster of freelance income has been so stressful lately that I realized that getting a “normal person job” a couple of days a week would save me SO much financial worry. Today is my third day of training, so still a lot to learn. A lot of it is the same no matter where you work, it’s mostly a matter of learning a new computer system and that particular hotel’s way of doing things. Having an income I can count on and plan around is going to be such a nice change!
If you missed it, I posted last week about my visit to Fantastic Caverns in Springfield, MO. I’d love for you to check out the post!
1. As you probably know if you read my Friday posts, I started taking English riding lessons last November. I still love it (although I haven’t had the time or money for them this summer, which I’ve been kinda ok with since it has been a million degrees), but oh man do I miss riding Western sometimes! I’ve been craving a good trail ride so I freaked out when I found Pot A Gold Stables on Instagram a few weeks ago. They’re brand new to the Branson area (opened just a few months ago) and I’ll be writing a whole post about them soon, but there’s no way I could do a weekly favorites post without mentioning the nicest part of my week! The scenery was gorgeous, the horses were great, we saw tons of deer, and just getting to go on a relaxing trail ride instead of working my bootie off in lessons was such a nice break! Big thumbs up! I’d love to go back for one of their sunset rides sometime – if the ride was that pretty in the middle of the afternoon, can you imagine golden hour light and sunset views? It must be beautiful! (As I’ll also mention when I do my full post, they did hook me up with a complimentary ride in exchange for spreading the word, but including them in this post is entirely just because I had such a great time!)
2. I usually buy gallon jugs of spring water since I go through it so quickly, but it looks a little weird to lug a big jug around with you. I found this cute water bottle at Dollar Tree last week, which yes, means it was $1! It holds quite a bit of water – more than a standard water bottle but not quite a liter, I think. Love having a better option than just re-using my single use plastic bottles!
3. Can we take a moment to appreciate how great Captain Kitten is at modeling the products we get to review for the Chewy Influencer program?
That tongue! He knows what happens when he’s done modeling: time to sample the food for reviews!
This month, Chewy was kind enough to send us a variety pack of the Science Diet Adult Savory Entree wet cat food. The description says the food is minced, but it’s really more of a super moist, nice quality pate. Our variety pack had three flavors: Turkey, Chicken, and Turkey & Liver. As usual, most of the cats were down for anything, but Tennyson – the pickiest of eaters – wan’t into the turkey flavor. (Turkey & Liver was gobbled up, but plain turkey just wasn’t his thing. Cats are weird.)
I’ve worked with Hills a few times outside of the Chewy review program, and I’m always so impressed by them. They make high quality food that my cats love, and they give back to animal shelters. Gotta love that! This particular food is made in the USA from natural ingredients, and enhanced with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids for a healthy kitty. It’s also designed to support their metabolism and maintain a healthy weight. Chewy also sells 24-packs of the individual flavors that are included, so I’d suggest starting with a 12 can variety pack to see what your cats like the most, and then if one flavor is a clear winner, you can order multi-packs of just that one, and if they like all three equally you can stick with variety packs to keep their dinner routine interesting.
4. I stopped by Bath & Body Works last week to redeem one of the free mini product coupons they send out every few months, and freaked out over how cute all of their new Halloween stuff is! The temptation to buy everything with a black cat on it (and every fall-scented candle they had) was huge, but I held off for now. There’s now way I’m making it through the season without at least picking up a cute Halloween themed hand sanitizer, though.
5. Speaking of Halloween… HALLOWEEN OREOS ARE BACK. The limited edition flavors they’ve been coming out with are fine, but these are the real MVP. The package claims they taste the same as regular Oreos, but I think we all know that’s a lie. These are the best! Now please excuse me while I go eat 20 packages of these before they go away again.
That’s it for this week! I’m still adjusting to having a whole new work schedule and trying to fit my freelance writing and blog stuff and like, remembering to feed myself around it. Seriously looking forward to having a few days off the beginning of next week! (And now that I don’t need to write 99 hours a day, I can actually take the occasional day OFF from everything! That’s super exciting for someone who is used to going months without a totally work-free day.) Hope your weekend is fantastic!