Last Friday Favs of 2019!
Happy Friday! What a crazy couple of weeks it’s been. Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season. I’m SO ready to start the 20’s! New year, new decade, fresh start. Bring it on!
Here’s what I’ve been loving lately:
1. IT WAS SO GOOD. I don’t want to spoil anything, so I’ll leave it there for now! I waited until the 23rd to go in hopes of less crazy crowds, and my small local theater only had about 18 people at the showing I went to! I wanted to catch it in the theater again, so I saw it in IMAX last night. The temptation to go a 3rd time to see it in 3D IMAX is serious, but good seats are like $20, which would mean I’ve now spent like $50 seeing this movie. That seems a little much?
2. Since I last posted, I watched these on Disney+:
One Day at Disney
The rest of Season 1 of the Mandolorian
Thumbs up to all of them! I’ve been meaning to watch Coco, Inside Out, and MU for years. I’m not even sure what I’m going to dive into next!
3. I have heard a ton of ads for Skillshare and finally decided to try it out. If you sign up via my link, you will get two free months of unlimited classes and I will get a free month for referring you. Win-win!
A couple of classes I’ve enjoyed this week:
How to Write a Blog Post That Strangers Will Actually Read
Writing for Self-Discovery: 6 Journaling Prompts for Gratitude and Growth
4. This 3-pack of dot-to-dot books was my Christmas present to myself. I loooooove “extreme” dot-to-dot books. Adult coloring books are fun but I have to stop and overthink which colors to use – these are similarly soothing but without the need to make decisions. YAY. I was just going to get the two-pack that had Folklore and Architecture, but it was only $5 more to get the 3-pack. (The individual books are like $9 or $13 each if you buy them separately and my 3-pack was only $20!)
Embarrassing story: I emailed the manufacturer because all three books had pages that were weirdly short and the dots ran off the edge of the page. I thought it was a weird printing/binding defect, but right after sending the email I realized that no… those pages fold out to make a bigger page. Oops.
I really want the Cats one, for obvious reasons. Maybe next time!
5. This has been my background music while working this week!
Makes me feel right at home.
I need to do an end-of-year wrap up post, but I have another dental surgery scheduled on Monday so we’ll see if that actually happens before the end of the year or not. Either way, hope the rest of your year is awesome!